Monday, October 10, 2005

on tour with TBA!

Hello there supporters of the lively arts-

It is I, Moe your faithful correspondent reporting to you live from the lobby of the Marriot Towne Suites in Minneapolis, MN where TBA has arrived to launch Super Vision upon the unsuspecting public. We all managed to make it here from New York yesterday, despite the scare tactics warning us that the subways are going to get blown up any second by some terrorists from Iraq. Isn't it funny how Iraq has suddenly been implicated in the terrorism chain of command? I guess they could not be blamed for Hurricane Katrina but it was only a matter of time before they were saddled with some other crime so we can feel good about invading their country and sending all the National Guard to build democracy, thereby diverting them from less sexy tasks at home like searching nursing homes in New Orleans for dead people. Ok, don't get me started...

Meanwhile, back at the show. Some of the crew arrived on Saturday and the rest of us made it here Sunday. The tech crew came a day early to set up shop and get the whole thing going. We are performing in a gorgeous theatre in the Walker Center. It is brand spanking new, having just opened in April and it feels very luxurious. Quite an unusual design, which incorporates fabulous decorative elements, like the walls of the house which are made from a black metal mesh that has been pressed with relief designs of a sort of leaf pattern. Quite nice. And the crew here is great and they are busy at work right now putting in the set and doing the lighting hang and focus. Very exciting!

It is the start of fall here. Blue clear high sky and lovely warm bright sunlight, lower in the sky than what we have in NY. Days noticeably shorter here as we are further north. It reminds me of Canada. Oh Canada, I could drink a case of you and still be on my feet, as Joni Mitchell says. It is lovely and we all have bicycles to ride to and from the Walker. Claire Hallereau, our company manager, had the brainstorm to rent us bikes since the theatre is pretty close but a little too far to walk practically. This morning, Tanya and David and Marianne and myself rode our cycles to work, like some post-modern theatre bike gang. It was so fun! Claire rented them en mass from a great organization here in town that recycles bikes and does its part to cut down on gas use. I have to admit, this is the one piece of advice that the president has given that I feel I can get behind. Drive less, people!

OK, friends, I must go and get myself back to the theatre. We are doing a run through of sorts at 5 and then there is some party we are going to and we will soon be familiar with the hipster side if Minneapolis. Someone will have to point it out to me of course as I am hipness-awareness-impaired but I will report what comes my way.

Any suggestions from the public about what coolness is to be had here in the Twin Cities would be greatly appreciated.

Peace, love and summer sausage,
moe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home