Wednesday, August 09, 2006

do you know the way

The Builders are back on tour, after a couple of months of doing whatever for the summer. We've currently in San Jose, CA as part of a festival called ZeroOne which is here because of the ISEA conference. For those of you not aware, ISEA is the Inter-Society for Electronic Arts and that's what it's all about here in San Jose for this week. The whole town seems to be involved in one brand of interactive electronic art or another. There are projects involving cell phones, pigeons wearing GPS chips, and making music as you walk down a rigged street, to name a few. It's quite impressive and bursting at the seams with creativity and we're here to put our Builders' spin on the concept.

Everyone seems good so far. I haven't seen the entire company quite yet, though most and everyone looks a little sun-exposed and happy after some time off. San Jose is a little odd since it's kind of like they tore down the old downtown and rebuilt it all nice and I just don't trust that. I know the crappy part must be around someplace and god knows there must be poor folks here but so far, I haven't seen it. In time, the urban grittiness will reveal itself but for now, it's all clean concrete with not even pesky skater kids to be found. I will seek out the countercultre and report back.

If anyone out there has some tips for me on where to look, I'd appreciate it. Please write in.

Must go off to rehearsal now. It's been a long time since we've done the show so I will have to brush up on my lines. Got new makeup when I was in New York so that I will be all looking pretty again in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home